Frequently Asked Questions
- Will The Taste Northwest be free admission?
Yes, admission is free.
Special experience package deals will be available for pre-event purchase. For more information, visit out Taste Experience Packages page.
- Will there be parking available?
Yes, parking will be available for purchase in our VIP, Blue, Gold and Red Lots (overflow parking will be available if needed). There is limited free and/or paid parking in the surrounding neighborhood.Daily
General Parking: $15 (Gold, Blue and Red Lots)
Daily Premium Parking: $30 (VIP/Lot B Parking)
- Will you partner with Pierce Transit from various malls in the county, as you’ve done in the past during the Washington State Fair?
At this time we are not, but should that change we provide an update.
- Will this event be held on the entire fairgrounds?
No, it will take place on the east side of the grounds, with entry at the Gold and Blue Gates.
- Will there be metal detectors and/or bag checks?
Yes, there will be walk-thru weapons detection systems. All guests are subject to bag searches.
- Is this similar to the State or Spring Fair?
No, this event is completely different than any other Fair-produced event. The majority of The Taste will feature different food and commercial vendors. Activities are brand new to this event. A few Fair food and commercial vendors will be participants.
- Are dogs allowed?
No, the policies for only service dogs being allowed at all our events remains in place for The Taste NW.
- Will outside food and drink be allowed?
Non-alcohol beverages will be allowed, but no outside food will be allowed.
- Does anything need to purchased ahead of time?
No, but special experience package deals will be available for pre-event purchase. To purchase an experience package, visit out Taste Experience Packages page.
- Will there be sample food taste prices?
Most food vendors will offer sample tastes for $5 onsite. No pre-event purchase necessary. You can purchase a $5 Taste onsite at the event.
- Can the experience packages be purchased on-site?
No, these are special pre-event opportunities for these great deals. But any item within the experience package will be available to buy individually on-site.
- The experience packages include “Food Bucks” are those required at this event?
No, regular forms of payment will be accepted. The Food Bucks are only used in lieu of cash if you purchase an experience package.
- Is this an all ages event?
Absolutely! Bring the kids, grandparents, friends, everyone!
- Will there be shopping available?
Yes! There will be lots of specialty shopping options.
- Do I need to pay for activities in The Square ahead of time?
Nope! The activities can be paid for with Fun Card tickets in-person inside Mattress Firm ShowPlex, once you arrive.
- Do The Square activities only take the Fun Card or can I just make direct payment for each?
You must purchase Fun Cards in order to do the activities. No direct payment will be available.
- Do I have to pay to enjoy the live music and comedy performances?
Nope! This is part of the free experience.
- Where can I find schedules of all the activities and entertainment?
More information on our live entertainment and comedy can be found here. You’re also encouraged to follow us on social media and subscribe to our free E-Club to receive emails with all the latest happenings at our event center
- What should I do if I’m interested in being a vendor?
Contact Vendor Services: https://www.thefair.com/get-involved/vendor-info/
Discover The Taste!
Brew Park Stage
Enjoy live music inside Brew Park for those 21 and older.
The Main Stage
Check out live music by great bands FREE to all event attendees.
How are your axe throwing skills? Give it a try at Holiday Magic!
The Taste Cooks!
Presented by Albert Lee Appliance & Fred Meyer
Watch local chefs showcase their skills and compete in cook-offs!
Tacoma Comedy Club Stage
Get your laughs in with daily shows from local comedians.