A Festive Walk-Thru Experience
BIGGER, BETTER, BRIGHTER! Don’t miss this magical holiday experience with breathtaking lights, interactive displays, festive food and drink and fun for the whole family. Ends Dec. 31!
Don't miss the Fun! Holiday Magic ends Dec. 31.
Make your Holiday Magic experience even more memorable with an ice skating add-on.
Santa's Express Train
Journey through lights and holiday displays on this classic train, included with Holiday Magic admission.
Joy Around The World
Displays celebrating holiday traditions from around the world.
Enjoy this holiday nativity tradition with live animals.
The Yeti Bar & Fire Pit
Come warm up and relax with your favorite beverage at this 21+ bar.
All I Want For Christmas Market
Shop for the perfect holiday gift with local vendors and artisans.
Hometown Holiday Forest
Browse this forest of decorated trees. Included with Holiday Magic admission.
Walk through the light tunnels and browse all the fabulous light displays.
Kids of all ages can explore the wonder of life in Santa’s Village, included with Holiday Magic admission.
Sugar Plum Merry-Go-Round
Enjoy the magic, colors and sounds of the season as you ride, included with Holiday Magic admission.
Holly Jolly Market
Find fun light-up merchandise, fudge-in-a-cup and more to benefit the Washington State Fair Foundation.
Laser lights and special effects create an amazing show of lights and holiday tunes for the whole family.
Warm Hearts Winter Drive
Donate warm winter items to help those in need during Holiday Magic.
Come hang out, grab a warm beverage and take advantage of some fun photo opportunities.
Enter to Win with GEICO
Play along for your chance to win a Visa gift card at Holiday Magic!
Join us New Year's Eve at 9pm for a fun an festive fireworks show!
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Will I have to share my vaccine status?
Per state mandate, guests ages 12 and over will be required to either show vaccine verification or provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken with 72 hours prior to the event. An official CDC-issued vaccine card or digital version will be accepted.
For unvaccinated guests age 12 and older, including those with approved medical or religious exemptions, the following will be accepted as proof of a negative COVID-19 test:
- A printed COVID-19 negative test taken within 72 hours prior to kickoff that includes your name, the date of the test and the lab location where the test was taken.
- A digital version or photo of the negative test result will also be accepted.
- Acceptable tests include PCR and rapid tests. At-home, self-administered tests will not be accepted.
- Guests under the age of 12 will not be required to provide a negative test result.
For those that do not have a vaccination card or negative test from third party within 72 hours of attending event (self-test is not acceptable), onsite rapid testing will be at the Green Gate from 5 pm – 8 pm. Only guests with same-day ticket for Holiday Magic will be eligible for onsite rapid testing.
- Will I have to wear a mask to enter The Fair?
Yes, by state mandate, masks are required at events with more than 500 people, both indoors and outdoors.
- Will mask-wearing be enforced?
Yes, staff members will monitor events on the fairgrounds, to ensure proper protocols are being followed.
- What if I have a facial covering medical exemption?
We will follow the Washington State Department of Health protocol to honor the exemptions.
- At what age are masks required?
Age 5 (According to the Washington State Department of Health).
- When can I take my mask off?
Masks can be removed while eating and/or drinking.
- Are hand-washing locations easily accessible?
Yes, bathrooms are located throughout the grounds, as well as mobile handwashing and hand sanitizing stations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to buy my tickets before the event?
No. You can buy on-site, but buying admission and ice-skating tickets online at THEFAIR.COM saves you money!
- Do I have to buy admission tickets for a specific day?
Yes, ticketing is for a specific day, to manage capacities (following state guidelines). However, you do NOT have to specify an arrival time. Bonus!
- Is this a walk-thru or drive-thru event?
The entire event is walk-thru.
- Where do we park/enter?
Park and enter via Green Lot and Green Gate on the west side of the grounds (same side as the Classic Coaster/Giant Slide. Parking is FREE
- Does this event take up the entire fairgrounds?
No, the footprint of the event covers the south end of the grounds.
- Is this event indoors or outdoors?
Both! There is a lot to experience inside and outside.
- Do I have to pay extra for the rides?
Nope! The train and merry-go-round are included with your admission purchase.
- Will skates be available to rent?
Yes, rental is included in the price of the skate session.
- Do I get a discount if I have my own skates?
No. It’s a set fee that includes skating and rentals.
- Will ice skating have set timed sessions?
Not technically, but we will monitor to ensure everyone gets to enjoy their time and to keep people spaced out. If need be, we will turnover the sessions approximately every 45 minutes.
- What should I wear?
All skaters should wear gloves, long pants, warm layered clothing, and appropriate socks (not too thick) is recommended for all levels.
- Will there be food and drinks available to purchase?
Of course, it’s The Fair! We love food!
- Can my kids come into the Yeti Bar and Fire Pit area with me?
No, the bar is for ages 21 and up only. However, you will be able to view the Ice Skating Rink from the bar, space permitting.
- Where do I pick up my 3D glasses if I ordered them?
Inside the Green Gate near the event entry.
- Will there be holiday merchandise available to purchase?
- What is the All I Want For Christmas Market?
The market will feature vendors selling products that will make for great holiday gifts…or to enjoy yourself! It is located in the Agriplex.
- Will there be Santa pictures available at Holiday Magic?
No. Holiday Magic won’t have Santa, but North Pole at The Fair is a separate event on the fairgrounds where there will be available for pictures BY RESERVATION ONLY. Click here to reserve: https://northpoleatthefair.
- Do I need a separate ticket for A Victorian Country Christmas?
Yes. This is an event separate from Holiday Magic. It occurs on the fairgrounds from Dec. 1-5, 2021. Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.thefair.com/activities/a-victorian-country-christmas/
- Will the Extreme Christmas Tree Lighting Event happen during Holiday Magic?
No. It is a separate event on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, that is free when you buy a ticket to A Victorian Country Christmas. For more info about the tree lighting event here: https://www.thefair.com/