A Festive Holiday Experience
Don’t miss this magical holiday experience with breathtaking lights, interactive displays, festive food and drink and fun for the whole family.
Open Select Days December 1 - 23
Make your Holiday Magic experience even more memorable with an ice skating add-on.
Joy Around The World
Displays celebrating holiday traditions from around the world.
Enjoy this holiday nativity tradition with live animals.
All I Want For Christmas Market
Shop for the perfect holiday gift with local vendors and artisans.
Hometown Holiday Forest
Browse this forest of decorated trees. Included with Holiday Magic admission.
Walk through the light tunnels and browse all the fabulous light displays.
Kids of all ages can explore the wonder of life in Santa’s Village, included with Holiday Magic admission.
Holly Jolly Market
Find fun light-up merchandise, fudge-in-a-cup and more to benefit the Washington State Fair Foundation.
Laser lights and special effects create an amazing show of lights and holiday tunes for the whole family.
Warm Hearts Winter Drive
Donate warm winter items to help those in need during Holiday Magic.
Come hang out, grab a warm beverage and take advantage of some fun photo opportunities.
Enter to Win with GEICO
Play along for your chance to win a Visa gift card at Holiday Magic!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to buy my tickets before the event?
No. You can buy on-site, but buying admission and ice-skating tickets online at THEFAIR.COM saves you money!
- Do I have to buy admission tickets for a specific day?
Yes, ticketing is for a specific day, to manage capacities (following state guidelines). However, you do NOT have to specify an arrival time. Bonus!
- Is this a walk-thru or drive-thru event?
The entire event is walk-thru.
- Where do we park/enter?
Park and enter via Green Lot and Green Gate on the west side of the grounds (same side as the Classic Coaster/Giant Slide. Parking is FREE
- Does this event take up the entire fairgrounds?
No, the footprint of the event covers the south end of the grounds.
- Is this event indoors or outdoors?
Both! There is a lot to experience inside and outside.
- Do I have to pay extra for the rides?
Nope! The train and merry-go-round are included with your admission purchase.
- Will skates be available to rent?
Yes, rental is included in the price of the skate session.
- Do I get a discount if I have my own skates?
No. It’s a set fee that includes skating and rentals.
- Will ice skating have set timed sessions?
Not technically, but we will monitor to ensure everyone gets to enjoy their time and to keep people spaced out. If need be, we will turnover the sessions approximately every 45 minutes.
- What should I wear?
All skaters should wear gloves, long pants, warm layered clothing, and appropriate socks (not too thick) is recommended for all levels.
- Will there be food and drinks available to purchase?
Of course, it’s The Fair! We love food!
- Can my kids come into the Yeti Bar and Fire Pit area with me?
No, the bar is for ages 21 and up only. However, you will be able to view the Ice Skating Rink from the bar, space permitting.
- Where do I pick up my 3D glasses if I ordered them?
Inside the Green Gate near the event entry.
- Will there be holiday merchandise available to purchase?
- What is the All I Want For Christmas Market?
The market will feature vendors selling products that will make for great holiday gifts…or to enjoy yourself! It is located in the Agriplex.
- Will there be Santa pictures available at Holiday Magic?
No. Holiday Magic won’t have Santa, but North Pole at The Fair is a separate event on the fairgrounds where there will be available for pictures BY RESERVATION ONLY. Click here to reserve: https://northpoleatthefair.
- Do I need a separate ticket for A Victorian Country Christmas?
Yes. This is an event separate from Holiday Magic. It occurs on the fairgrounds from Dec. 1-5, 2021. Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.thefair.com/activities/a-victorian-country-christmas/
- Will the Extreme Christmas Tree Lighting Event happen during Holiday Magic?
No. It is a separate event on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, that is free when you buy a ticket to A Victorian Country Christmas. For more info about the tree lighting event here: https://www.thefair.com/