Become a Vendor
We're Moving Our Commercial Exhibits Online!
For decades, the Washington State Fair has been THE place to gather and celebrate and, even though we cannot gather this year, we are finding new ways to celebrate and interact with our loyal Fair fans. So while we can't offer a traditional vendor booth at The Fair, you can still reach Fairgoers with a "virtual booth."
Use your existing online storefront (Etsy, Shopify, etc.) and expose your products and merchandise to the 1 million+ consumers that become reachable through The Fair's vast consumer network.
Don't have an online storefront? No problem. There are resources to assist you with the easy set-up process.
- Dates: Sept. 4 - Oct. 15
- Marketplace access: 24/7
- Live virtual booth hours for interactive demonstrations and customer inquiries are available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
Just $400 for 6 weeks of exposure, Sept. 4 - Oct. 15, 2020.
Returning Washington State Fair Vendors, save $100 (off $400 regular price)! Get your booth for just $300. Look for an email with a promo code, valid through Sept. 2, 2020.
In addition to the online sales opportunity the virtual marketplace will provide, we are offering elevated brand exposure through targeted marketing and digital media efforts only available to sponsors. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a sponsor, contact email@example.com for details.
Benefits of Participating
- 24/7 online marketplace
- Promoted by the Washington State Fair via e-blasts, website, social media and more
- Easy to set up
- Links to your website, e-commerce platform (Shopify, Etsy etc.)
- LIVE online video conferencing, demonstrations and text chat for customer inquiries
- Showcase select products as “Fair Specials”
- Convert inventory into revenue by harnessing the buying power of The Fair’s sizable audience
- Increase brand awareness
- Make a connection with previous customers who are looking to purchase from you
- Opportunity to be featured in The Fair's Virtual Scavenger Hunt for visitors to win prizes
- Best of all - make more money during these unprecedented times!
We recognize that it has been a difficult time for all of us in the fair industry, but we are incredibly resilient as we chart a new course and are excited to have you join us!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Virtual Marketplace?
On Sept. 4, we will be launching our first-ever Virtual Marketplace. The Virtual Marketplace will offer an online sales opportunity for you to reach your annual Fair customers and even gain some new ones!
The Virtual Marketplace will be open 24/7 to customers Sept. 4 - Oct.15, 2020. There will be scheduled interactive hours for the booths Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 4-27, 2020, from the hours of 11am-7pm.
During these hours it is recommended that you have staff available to answer questions via the free built-in video chat app, provided by EventHub or a third-party chat service. Your booth will be active for six weeks, through Oct. 15 providing customers with the opportunity to access and purchase products 24/7.
- How do I sign up?
- Click on the following link: https://eventhub.net/events/Washington-State-Virtual-Fair-_2047
- Click on "Book Event Space" under "Opportunites" on the right hand side of this page, choose Exhibitor Virtual Booth or Sponsor Virtual Booth, depending on the level of marketing exposure you would like to receive.
- Log in or create an account and EventHub will walk you through the remainder of the registration process.
- Upon submission, your order will be reviewed by Washington State Fair, for approval, denial or modification of your order. You will be notified of any updates made to your order. Note: Your payment will not be processed until after we approve your order.
- Upon approval of your order, you will be prompted via email to submit your payment information. Approved orders are NOT confirmed until your PAYMENT is received.
Orders for exhibitor space will be accepted through Sept. 2, 2020.
Click this link for a tutorial to help you through submitting your order: https://help.eventhub.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022195374-How-to-Find-an-Event-in-Our-Marketplace-and-Submit-an-Application
Once your order is approved, you can send us paperwork, access your invoice, send us messages, and view your logistics info/booth assignment all from your Order Summary. This tutorial will show you the possibilities: https://help.eventhub.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022197154-Manage-Your-Orders
if you get stuck or have questions, don't panic! The Customer Success Team at Event Hub is available to you to answer your questions and help you get started on their platform. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I don't have an online store already, can I still participate?
Yes, Event Hub will help you with the process of featuring products in your virtual booth and setting up an online transaction interface.
- I'm not technically savvy, can I get help?
Yes. Event Hub provides vendor support in getting you set up. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3….
- Click the SIGN UP TODAY
- On the right side of the page under OPPORTUNITIES, click BOOK EVENT SPACE
- Select either VIRTUAL VENDOR OR SPONSOR BOOTH, click ADD TO CART
- Complete the vendor application indicating your product category, brief description, upload any photos that you would like to appear.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECK OUT and input payment information
- EventHub will send you an email, once your application has been approved by the Fair. Please allow up to 24 hours for approval process.
- Next, create a user ID and password that you will use to access your booth
- Log into your virtual booth and upload product images and pricing, plus any Fair Specials you would like housed directly on your virtual booth. Provide a link, if applicable, to your ecom shopping platform. Refer to tutorials sent by EventHub for step-by-step instructions.
Or you can hire a Fair staff memeber to assist with your set up. Email email@example.com to get a quote.
- What will my live booth look like?
Here's a screenshot of The Fair's Virtual Marketplace. Each "booth" is clickable to an customized storefront
Virtual Marketplace Example
Vendor Storefront Example
- How can I encourage shoppers to engage with my booth and products?
We’ve scheduled the opportunity for you to engage with guests Fridays through Sundays, 11 am to 1 pm and 4 to 7 pm (Dates: Sept. 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27).
Now you don’t have to staff your traditional Fair booth for 20 days, up to 13 hours a day. Want more details?
Note: It is NOT a requirement that you conduct a live demonstration, it’s optional. We recommend that you be present during live hours, Fridays through Sundays, 11 am to 1 pm and 4 to 7 pm, to answer questions and interact via the chat feature.
- You can conduct optional live demonstrations within your virtual booth to tell more about how your product is made, how to use your product and more.
- Once a guest is signed into your Live Demo they have the ability to stay tuned in, even while they shop, as the Live bot follows their journey through the site, enabling them to still see / hear your demo.
- For more assistance, please click the HELP button once you are logged into the EventHub site.
- What if I don't have time to staff my booth during the posted Live Booth times?
It is not mandatory that you are available to answer guest questions or engage with customer inquiries. This is provided as a valuable opportunity for you to sell more product, but it is not a requirement.
- What will the Virtual Marketplace look like after the Live Booth sessions end?
The final Live Booth session is on September 27. When that is complete the site will look exactly the same, with shopping taking place 24/7. But now communication between you and guests will solely take place through the message feature that is always available. It is always suggested that you respond to inquiries as quickly as possible, but the timing is completely up to you.
- How will the Virtual Marketplace get traffic?
Traffic to the WSF Virtual Marketplace will be generated from many conduits, ranging from multiple eblasts to The Fair's 240,000 subscribers, prominent exposure on www.thefair.com and The Fair's mobile app, social media posts, media coverage from our key affiliates, electronic sign on Meridian street, on-site signage and map / flyers distributed to Fair Food-to-Go guests each Friday – Sunday, Sept. 4 – 27, and more!