Spring Fair - Frequenty Asked Questions
- What does “drive thru – step out” mean?
It means guests with Spring Fair carload admissions will drive onto the fairgrounds, and stay in vehicles but have the opportunity to get out on foot, while wearing masks, at designated shopping locations and experiences.
- What does a carload mean?
Pile as many into your vehicle as you have legal seat belts for, then sit back and enjoy the fun, entertainment, sights and sounds of Spring Fair. All tickets are valid for one vehicle admission, one time through, with no re-entry. For information on RV’s and shuttle buses, please visit the Ticketing information at: www.thefair.com/spring-fair/
- Why isn’t The Fair just hosting a regular Spring Fair with limited capacity?
Due to current Washington state guidelines that event format is not permitted.
- Will tickets be sold when I arrive at The Fair?
Carload admission tickets will NOT be sold at The Fair, all ticket sales are online only and must be purchased in advance at www.thefair.com. No refunds or exchanges, regardless of weather-related conditions.
- Can I use the complimentary admission ticket I received at Holiday Magic?
Not for this NEW Spring Fair event. The complimentary tickets were intended for use at the traditional Spring Fair, with each ticket admitting one guest. Since this is not the traditional Spring Fair, they do not convert to allow an entire carload into this new hybrid event. They will instead be valid for any operating weekday at the Washington State Fair in September 2021.
- How will you control traffic flow on the grounds, and monitor the time people spend in the step-out areas?
There will be signage and staff, along with carefully created routes for various activities. Guests will receive a hang tag upon arrival to organize the time of arrival and which Spring Fair experience the carload has pre-purchased.
- Can I come to the fairgrounds and drive on if I only want to purchase food?
No. To enter the fairgrounds, a carload Spring Fair admission must be purchased for a designated arrival time, online in advance.
- Are pets allowed?
Pets are allowed to be in guest vehicles, but must remain inside vehicle at all times.
- Is Fair food drive-thru or can I walk up and order?
All Fair food is drive-thru, except in the SillyVille and ThrillVille event area, if separate ride and games experience tickets are purchased.
- Will there be a place to park and eat food?
You are welcome to park in the Orange Parking Lot, after exiting, to enjoy food while in your vehicle.
- What if I want to buy tickets to the stand-alone events AND a Spring Fair carload admission?
The Rides & Games and Drive-In Movies are purchased separately from Spring Fair Carload Admission. One is not required to attend the other.
- Will we get stuck in excessive long lines?
The best news is that routes offer flexibility to navigate the grounds, allowing you to skip long lines. And, you have the ability to circle back on the route, during your visit, prior to exiting. We have tried to structure the event capacity to provide an enjoyable experience for all. However, based on the popularity of favorite food vendors, some lines could be longer.
- Can I buy monster truck ride tickets or fun buckets without buying a Spring Fair carload admission ticket?
No. The monster truck rides and fun buckets are optional add-on items. They can only be added, if a Spring Fair carload admission is purchased.
- Do I have to purchase a Spring Fair carload admission to go to the Drive-In movies?
No. The movies are considered stand-alone events and must be purchased in advance online only at www.thefair.com. And, tickets much be purchased separately from the carload experience.
- What are the Spring Fair health and safety measures?
To see what the Washington State Fair is doing to keep staff and guests safe click here: www.thefair.com/general-info/guest-services/
Rides & Games - Frequenty Asked Questions
- Do I have to buy a carload admission ticket if I only want to visit the rides and games areas?
No. Ride and games are considered a separate stand-alone event. And, tickets much be purchased separately from the carload experience.
- Do I drive onto the fairgrounds if I bought tickets for the SillyVille or ThrillVille event area (rides / games)?
No. You will park in the designated parking lot, which are different for SillyVille and ThrillVille. Instructions are available when you purhcase at www.thefair.com.
- Can I enter the Rides & Games Event Area without a ticket?
Yes, if you are with someone who has a valid Ride & Game Event Area ticket and you enter at the same time.
- Will there be food available for purchase in the SillyVille or ThrillVille event areas?
There will be limited food selections available in SillyVille and ThrillVille. Scones will not be available in these areas. Click here to view food options by area www.thefair.com/activities/food-vendors/.
- How will ride & game ticket bundles work?
You will have the ability to use your 7 ride and game tickets ONLY in the area for which they were purchased, either SillyVille or ThrillVille. You can have one person use all 7 tickets or you can share them between multiple people. And, can mix and match to use any combination of 7 rides or games that you choose.
- Who can ride together on rides?
If you arrive together as a group, you can ride together, based on space limitations for each ride.
- Can guests go back and forth between SillyVille and ThrillVille?
No. Tickets must be purchased in advance for each separate area.
- What if I have leftover rides from previous Fairs, can I use them at this event?
No. We will honor them once we are operating a traditional Fair.
- Will we be able to purchase additional ride and game tickets while in SillyVille or ThrillVille during my session?
If capacity allows, there may be the opportunity to purchase additional ride and game tickets during your SillyVille or ThrillVille session. But, there are no guarantees.
Included Carload Experiences - Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I choose more than one included experience with my carload admission ticket?
No. You must choose only one experience (Bingo or DockDogs or Racing Pigs). We understand this is different than being able to see unlimited free attractions during the traditional Spring Fair, but we are limited by current capacity restrictions and state guidelines.
- If I purchase two carloads/two experiences, will I have to exit after the first session?
No. Upon entry you will receive a hangtag for each experience purchased, and you can use them subsequently, without having to exit the fairgrounds.
- How will seating be handled at step-out experiences (DockDogs & Racing Pigs)?
Each session will have a limited capacity, with guests parking vehicles in designated areas, allowed to enter bleacher seating area(s) while wearing masks and adhering to social distancing protocols. At the conclusion of the experience, guests will return to vehicles and drive to the next area on the route.
- How long will my carload experience take to complete?
Your carload experience duration is completely individual, and you can depart at any time. There is no re-entry allowed, once you have exited.