Frequently Asked Questions
- Why make this decision now?
A lot of lead time is needed to plan all aspects of the Washington State Fair. We waited as long as we possibly could, but based on what we currently know in the governor’s phased approach to reopening the economy, this was the time to make the decision to cancel.
- Who makes this decision?
The Washington State Fair Board of Directors vote, after reviewing information and recommendations by The Fair’s management team.
- What if I bought Rodeo or Columbia Bank Concert Series’ Tickets?
We are attempting to reschedule these events for future dates. Once a plan is in place, we will make an announcement on what your options will be. There is no need to contact The Fair at this moment. We appreciate your patience.
We will post updates on the concert webpages as more information becomes available.
- What is the economic impact of canceling The Fair?
We realize canceling The 2020 Washington State Fair will have severe economic impacts on all of our partners, near and far. We also know this creates a hardship for thousands of our seasonal employees. But in this complicated equation, we must also take into consideration, the health and safety of all these stakeholders.
- Do you have other planned events for this summer?
Yes! We are hosting a Drive-Thru Fair Food-To-Go event, a LIVE IN-PERSON Drive-In Concert Series and a FREE drive-in movie night. All summer event info can be found here.
- Will you try to plan another event instead of the traditional Washington State Fair?
This will depend on a multitude of factors, including the Safe Start Plan to reopen the economy. If we are able to host another event and safely welcome back our guests, we will announce publicly through the media social media and our website.
- Are any other events happening on the fairgrounds that usually would happen outside of Fair time?
We are a year-round events center, but many events have been unable to occur as scheduled so far, this year. We will continue to follow the Safe Start Plan to reopen the economy, and book facility events and rent our facilities as we are able.
- What about livestock shows?
Unfortunately with the cancelation of the 2020 Fair, our Open Class Livestock Shows will not be able to proceed. We will be working with our youth show partners, such as FFA, 4-H and Junior Poultry Association on how to support their 2020 efforts in the coming weeks.
- What if I already submitted my entry information and competition fees?
We will be contacting registered participants on the cancelation of their entries and refunding their fees via e-mail supplied at time of entry. We appreciate your patience as we roll out communications.
- What if I already booked camping spots?
If you have booked spots you need to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 845-1771, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- What if I’ve already been accepted as a vendor?
Please email the Vendor Services Department, at email@example.com.
- Are there ways I can stay connected to The Fair?
Yes! There are ways to stay updated on the latest news at The Fair, and to support the Washington State Fair Foundation.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You can sign up for our free e-newsletter. You’ll receive exclusive concert pre-sale announcements, fair information and our monthly event calendar, telling you what’s happening year-round on the fairgrounds.
- Become a supporter of the Washington State Fair Foundation. The foundation financially supports the scholarship and educational programs of The Fair, and preserves and improves The Fair for future generations.
Applies to Steve Miller Band ticket purchasers. Questions regarding requests for other 2020 Washington State Fair refunds can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are carefully looking at our concert and rodeo refund policy. This is an evolving situation and we thank you for your patience. For all other events at our facility, please contact the show producer directly. Contact information is listed in each event on our calendar.
Credit/Debit Card Purchasers
If you purchased by credit or debit card, either online or at the Box Office, refunds will be processed automatically and refunded to the original card used for payment. There is no need to contact The Fair. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. If your card has been canceled since you purchased, please contact the Box Office at email@example.com.
If you purchased with cash, please email the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions on how to obtain a refund.
Please note: This refund policy only applies to tickets purchased directly from The Fair. Any tickets purchased from Groupon or other third party resellers cannot be refunded by The Fair. Groupon purchasers will automatically receive a refund.