Sting Rays, Dancing Horses and Extreme Scream are a Perfect Saturday at the Spring Fair
Lots of family fun ready to be enjoyed today and tomorrow in Puyallup
Puyallup, WA – April 16, 2016, 2016 – The annual Washington State Spring Fair offers two more days of family fun in Puyallup. With blue skies in the weather forecast, it’s a great way to entertain all members of the family today and tomorrow, April 16 and 17, 2016. Some highlights include:
- Outdoor Adventures: One of the many highlights of this exhibit is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many people, the chance to touch a sting ray. FREE!
- Fiestas de Don Andres, Dancing Horses: Ramon Mejia and friends’ dancing horses, Latino music, mariachi and entertainment. This feature at the Fair will amaze all members of the family. The beauty and talent of these four-legged athletes is astounding. FREE! Shows today and tomorrow: 1:00, 2:30, 4:00, 5:30 p.m.
- Whirl and Twirl: Extreme Scream, Classic Coaster, Wild Cat, Giant Slide and more!
- Timber! No, you won’t see trees falling, but you’ll certainly see the TimberWorks Lumberjack show in action with log rolling, ax throwing, hot sawing and more. FREE! Shows today and tomorrow at Noon, 3:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- Kids Can Cook: Celebrity chef Dianne Linderman will be welcoming kids to the kitchen, showing the fun, easy and healthy recipes they can make at home. FREE! Shows at Noon, 3:00 and 5:00 p.m.
- NW Junior Livestock Show: FFA and 4-H students around the state have converged to take part in this annual event. Students are showing their steers, lambs and hogs. FREE!
- Monster Truck Rides: Tricked out monster trucks are a treat for kids of all ages. You can take a ride on Zombie Tracker or White Lightening for only $7 today only, noon – 4:00 p.m.
- Slamfest Demolition Derby: Promoter Evergreen Speedway/High Road Promotions brings Figure 8s, Derby Heat Races and Slamfest (the last car standing, wins) to life tonight at 7:30 p.m. This is a separated ticketed event, www.thefair.com.
- Fireworks: The sky will light up tonight around 9:00 p.m. when the fireworks show takes center stage. FREE!
The 2016 Washington State Spring Fair first started in 1990. Today it draws nearly 150,000 guests during its four-day run. Animals, the NW Jr. Livestock Show, free entertainment, kids’ activities, Motorsport Mayhem and much more attract large crowds to this celebration of spring each April. For more info about the Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016, or the Sept. 2-25, 2016 Washington State Fair (closed Tuesdays), visit www.thefair.com.
# # #