Lots of family fun at the Spring Fair in Puyallup TODAY
Annual celebration of spring runs through Sunday
Puyallup, WA – April 14, 2016 – The 27th annual Washington State Spring Fair in Puyallup is in full swing, open today and tomorrow 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. There are a wide range of family-friendly activities to enjoy today at the Washington State Fair Events Center, including:
- Swifty Swine Racing Pigs: See these baby porkers run around a track in hopes of the first place prize, an Oreo cookie. This is a Spring Fair exclusive, you won’t see them in September! FREE. Sponsor: Reber Ranch. Shows: Noon, 2, 3, 5 and 7 p.m.
- Military Appreciation Day: All active, retired and reserve military and their dependents, plus disabled vets receive FREE gate admission on Friday when they show valid military ID at the gate. Media Partners: 570 KVI and KOMO AM 1000/97.7 FM
- TimberWorks Lumberjack Show: World renowned athletes clad in checkered flannel shirts will take part in log rolling, hot sawing, and chainsaw carving, and add in a dash of humor. FREE. Shows: Noon, 3 and 6 p.m.
- Shoppers Paradise: Whether you’re a youngster with allowance money, or an adult allowing for a splurge, over 325 vendors will be ready to help you spend your money.
- KMPS Showcase: Up and coming country music artist, Jordan Rager will be performing on the Showplace Stage tonight at 7:30 p.m. FREE. This Broken Bow Record artist will have your toes tapping to hit song, “Southern Boy.” Presented by 94.1 KMPS
- Monster Truck Rides: Both Zombie Tracker and White Lightening monster trucks are ready to take you for a memorable ride. Only $7 cash. 2 – 6 p.m. today.
- Monster Truck Show: Bounty Hunter, Scarlet Bandit and other tricked out monster trucks are part of this WGAS Motorsport Show. 7:30 p.m. All seats reserved. Presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts. Separate ticketed event, available at www.thefair.com.
- Fireworks Show: Fireworks will light the sky at approximately 9 p.m. tonight after the Monster Truck Show. Enjoy the view throughout the Fair facility.
The 2016 Washington State Spring Fair first started in 1990. Today it draws nearly 150,000 guests during its four-day run. Animals, the NW Jr. Livestock Show, free entertainment, kids’ activities, Motorsport Mayhem and much more attract large crowds to this celebration of spring each April. For more info about the Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016, or the Sept. 2-25, 2016 Washington State Fair (closed Tuesdays), visit www.thefair.com.
# # #