Last day to buy scones, watch eggs drop, see boats dragged at Spring Fair in Puyallup
27th annual Washington State Spring Fair runs 10 am – 8 pm today
Puyallup, WA – April 17, 2016 – Don’t miss that last opportunity to buy that baker’s dozen of scones. The Washington State Spring Fair closes at 8 p.m. tonight, and you’ll have to wait until September – way too long for a craving. The Spring Fair, held at the Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup offers something for every age group. Some highlights include:
- DockDogs: See those happy canines leaping into a 27,000 gallon pool of water. The finals are today at 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. FREE!
- Yum! Don’t miss caramel apples, scones, burgers topped with grilled onions, and more!
- Egg Droppp: Look in the air! Is it a bird, or a plane? No, it is an egg dropping from 16’ above. The Creative Kids Egg Drop Contest is today at 3:00 p.m., and you can see the creativity of these students as they created packaging to keep the raw egg inside from cracking. FREE!
- Shop ‘til You Drop: With 325 vendors, you’re guaranteed to find a Mother’s Day gift!
- Latino Concert: We’ve got some amazing music and dancing in store this evening. Drop by the Showplace Stage between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. and enjoy Folklore Mexicano Tonantzin, Explosion Musical de Mexico and La Potencia de Mexico. FREE!
- Straw Tower: Have you ever seen a straw tower constructed, or a cardboard building? See engineers of the future try both feats at the Puyallup School District STEM Showcase in the Pavilion. 11:00 a.m. is the time for straw construction, and 2:00 pm for cardboard. FREE!
- Inaugural Boat Bash: The Slamfest Demolition Derby takes on a new slant today at 4:00 p.m., with large cars dragging boats! By the end, the boats are guaranteed to never float on the sea again! This is a separate ticketed event, with reserved seats available. Purchase at www.thefair.com or on site.
The 2016 Washington State Spring Fair first started in 1990. Today it draws nearly 150,000 guests during its four-day run. Animals, the NW Jr. Livestock Show, free entertainment, kids’ activities, Motorsport Mayhem and much more attract large crowds to this celebration of spring each April. For more info about the Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016, or the Sept. 2-25, 2016 Washington State Fair (closed Tuesdays), visit www.thefair.com.
# # #