Gardening Events Slated for Washington State Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016
Annual event in Puyallup celebrates spring
Puyallup, WA – March 10, 2016 – Spring represents the birth of all beautiful things in nature, including masterpieces found in the garden. Many aspects of these works of art will be found in the Northwest Living & Garden exhibit at the Washington State Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016 in Puyallup.
Northwest Living & Garden is sponsored by Sleep Train, and held in the Sleep Train ShowPlex, a 122,000 square foot exhibition center. Approximately 325 vendors will be selling their wares at the Spring Fair.
Gardening features include:
- Ciscoe Morris will host his KIRO Radio live broadcast on Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., next to the Marenakos display.
- Featured garden display: designed by Marenakos Rock Center. Each year at the Spring Fair they create a breathtaking masterpiece combining landscape stones, water features and plants/flowers.
- Garden society exhibits to answer questions and sell products, including: roses, dahlias, bonsai, fruit society, beekeepers, Chase Garden.
- WSU – Pierce County Master Gardeners.
- Artistic garden displays.
- 14th Annual Floral Design Contest: local florists compete in this contest with the theme of “It’s Rio Time,” as the Olympics will be held in a few months. $275 in prize money will be awarded.
- Exhibits selling gardening and home items.
The 2016 Washington State Spring Fair first started in 1990. Today it draws nearly 150,000 guests during its four-day run. Animals, the NW Jr. Livestock Show, free entertainment, kids’ activities, Motorsport Mayhem and much more attract large crowds to this celebration of spring each April. For more info about the Spring Fair, April 14-17, 2016, or the Sept. 2-25, 2016 Washington State Fair (closed Tuesdays), visit www.thefair.com.
# # #