Santa is bringing his magic to The Fair! The North Pole at The Fair is a unique experience for kids that will stimulate their curiosity, create learning experiences, and instill the sense of magic into the Christmas season. The North Pole will be open November 3 - December 23.
HOURS: Hours vary by day, see schedule below
LOCATION: Red Gate Building, Enter at Red Gate
- General admission: $5 per person for entrance to the North Pole, kids under 2 are free*
- Portrait reservations: Online portrait reservations (includes free admission to the North Pole). Reservations must be made in advance. There are no walkup opportunities to visit Santa.
*Please note, general admission to the North Pole does not include Santa Pictures. Some activities require additional fees.
- Santa’s Office: Take a look around Santa’s office where all the mail is read, naughty and nice lists are made, and the Christmas Eve sleigh route is determined. Take a picture from Santa’s desk while sitting in his regal over-sized chair. Write your own letter to Santa on “official” Santa Claus stationary at one of the desks made specifically for the North Pole. See if you have what it takes to make the Nice List this year!
- Santa’s Library: Santa loves nothing more than a good book when he is not busy preparing for Christmastime. Choose from more than 470 Christmas-themed children books to read in a special Santa chair, or listen to one of Santa’s favorite stories being read on the reading carpet by one of Santa’s special helpers. You can even read “Twas the Night Before Christmas” on one of Santa’s library walls.
- Mrs. Claus Candy Store and Kitchen: Nothing is sweeter than Mrs. Claus, except maybe her cookies and delectable treats. Enjoy a cookie fresh from her oven, washed down with a cold cup of milk, or fill your sweet tooth with Santa-inspired candy and frozen yogurt. Needless to say, Santa doesn’t starve at the North Pole and neither should you!
- Santa’s Workshop: Imagine what could be wrapped in the packages lining the Workshop wall. Pull a stool up to the workshop table and create a special project. Let your imagination and creativity flow as you make a gift for a loved one or yourself.
- Santa’s Media Den: Take a break on Santa’s big red sofas and enjoy one of the many Christmas movies that play throughout the day.
- Visit the Elf Village where you can color, draw, play, pretend, create, build, and explore. All activities in the Elf Village are included with the admission price.
- Get a picture taken with the big jolly guy himself in Santa’s portrait studio. (additional fees apply)
- Customers can make portrait reservations online to help avoid those long Santa lines. Appointments are strongly recommended.
- In addition to treasured Santa Portraits, high definition audio and video recording is available for purchase, allowing you to capture those priceless conversations between your kids and Santa.
- Images and Events had been taking Santa pictures in the South Hill Mall for six years. In 2014, Santa moved to a new state-of-the-art studio at the Fair to offer a more intimate experience for families. The North Pole is the perfect gathering place for parents and children to enjoy the magic of Christmas together.
Learn more and view the full schedule at northpoleatthefair.com