Fun Fair Facts
- The 1917 Merry-Go-Round is the oldest active carnival ride at the Fair, operating here since 1923.
- 84,847 riders were not ashamed to "scream like a kid" on the Classic Coaster at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
- The Skyride debuted at the Fair in 1980, carrying riders 55 feet in the air.
- 28,352 people braved the Rainier Rush roller coaster at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
- The Extreme Scream is the highest structure in Puyallup at 185 feet tall.
- 26,322 brave guests took the plunge on the Extreme Scream at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
Down on the Farm
- Over 2,800 different livestock animals were entered into various competitions at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
- Cows can smell up to six miles away. Now that is a nose!
- Dairy cows produce six to seven gallons of milk a day. That is over 90 cups of milk a day.
- The first Angus beef cattle were imported to the U.S. in 1873 from Scotland.
- On a worldwide basis, more people drink the milk of goats than any other single animal.
- Boer goats can weigh between 190 to 340 pounds, depending on if it is a doe or a buck.
- Pygmy goats like to swim and are naturally good at it.
- Brown eggs come from hens with red earlobes.
- Peacocks get their full tail feathers around three years old.
- A rabbit's front teeth grow 1/2 to 3/4 inch a month. That is six to nine inches in a year.
Satisfy Your Appetite
- There are 165 food booths at the Washington State Fair, with a wide variety of options to tame that hungry stomach.
- 12,000 cones of sweet cotton candy were enjoyed at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
- 1.6 million Fair scones, dripping with honey butter and raspberry jam, were served at the 2015 Washington State Fair. These tasty treats have been a mainstay at the Fair for over 100 years!
- Krusty Pups have been delighting guests at the Fair since 1923. In 2015, 180,749 Krusty Pups were consumed at the Fair.
- The Milking Parlor processes over 5,600 gallons of milk during the Fair. That's 89,600 cups of the good stuff!
Competing for the Blue Ribbon
- 4,113 beautiful floral entries were received at the 2014 Washington State Fair.
- The winning Giant Pumpkin at the 2015 Washington State Fair set a new Fair record, weighing a whopping 1,621.5 lbs!
- 124 amateur beers and 160 amateur wines were put to the test at the 2015 Washington State Fair in the beer and wine contests.
- 1,459 pieces of produce of all sizes and shapes were entered in the Agriculture Department at the 2015 Washington State Fair.
- Each year, the Washington State Fair offers free admission tickets to students and educators at schools across Western Washington. 658,449 complimentary student tickets and 118,959 educator tickets were distributed in 2015 alone.
- 41 students were awarded scholarships during the 2014/2015 academic year from the Washington State Fair Foundation. 2015 marks the 25th anniversary of the Fair’s scholarship program. Together, we’ve awarded students more than one million dollars in scholarship awards!
- 10,100 aluminum cans are recycled during the Fair each year. That saves enough energy to run one television continuously for 3.4 years.
- During the 2014/2015 school year, the Washington State Fair Traveling Farm reached 9,499 students, teaching about farming, local crops and the origin of food.
- 290,000 lbs. of food was collected for the Puyallup Food Bank at the 2015 Opening Day Food Drive, setting a new Washington State Fair record!
- 941,060 lbs. of compost, yard waste and wood was collected during the 2015 Washington State Fair for recycling.
O'Reilly Auto Parts https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/ed0633061b1f49b624f414695ca1fb9c/(logoHiRes)_OReilly.png http://www.oreillyauto.com/ Mattress Firm https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/694fe2940d7242413cf56f33e7d614c2/(logoHiRes)_MattressFirm.jpg http://www.mattressfirm.com/ Fred Meyer https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/503387ab1059d9824ae1569659092db8/(logoHiRes)_Fred-Meyer.jpg http://www.fredmeyer.com Albertsons https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/894ffaa5ca593021346595d8378bb4d1/(logoHiRes)_Albertsons_SponsorLogo.jpg http://www.albertsons.com/#1 Safeway https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/1550790250bb4149e09c322a8695345a/(logoHiRes)_Safeway.png http://www.safeway.com Budweiser https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/39c66bcb9e8f026cee92441d8da156e6/(logoHiRes)_Budweiser.jpg https://www.olympiceagle.com/domestics-imports/ Coca-Cola https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/b0be1d56e618ac7a1b603c7b0574178e/(logoHiRes)_Coca-Cola.jpg http://www.coca-cola.com/global/ MultiCare https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/4d9568edb72d477694769e544223380a/(logoHiRes)_MultiCare.jpg http://www.multicare.org/ Waste Connections https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/1ab48e3793448a1320c6ba0bbf1e8f46/(logoHiRes)_Waste-Connections.jpg http://www.wasteconnections.com Columbia Bank https://wfaprod-1290.kxcdn.com/_assets/f713ae8dcf998a4523eb4c4941b811b4/(logoHiRes)_Columbia-Bank.jpg http://www.columbiabank.com